Optical Networks Excellence
Recognizing technology developers who are demonstrating excellence in serving the optical network community.
2024 LIGHTWAVE INNOVATION REVIEWS
Benefit fromyear roundexposure!
The Lightwave Innovation Reviews program recognizes technology developers demonstrating excellence in serving the optical network community.
We are seeking submissions in the following categories:
- Fiber, cable, enclosures, and accessories
- Communications, semiconductors and electrical ICs
- Data center fiber, cable, enclosures and accessories
- Data center interconnect platforms
- Field test equipment
- FTTX products
- Lab/production test equipment
- Optical components
- Optical subsystems
- Optical transrecivers and transponders
- Optical transport systems
- SDN/NFV technology
If your product is original, innovative, saves your client money, is more efficient than products currently available, and has a novel approach, complete your nomination today.
Early Bird Deadline: November 3, 2023
Early Bird Price: $625
Final Entry Deadline: December 1, 2023
Regular Submission Price: $725
Sure it is an investment of time and effort to enter your product or service in the 2024 Lightwave Innovation Reviews program, but it is time well spent. Below are just a few of the many benefits associated with entering this year’s reviews program.
BENEFIT 1: BE RECOGNIZED
Honorees have made a groundbreaking contribution to the optical networking industry and are recognized as leaders and innovators to the largest collection of optical networking professionals, with coverage on www.lightwaveonline.com.
BENEFIT 2: INCREASE CREDIBILITY
Being an honoree is validation of your product or service from a credible third party to the optical networking industry. It’s a great way to reinforce the quality of your product or service to existing customers as well as potential customers.
BENEFIT 3: GAIN A SALES ADVANTAGE
Being recognized with a 2024 Lightwave Innovation Reviews Award is an additional tool for your sales team to use as part of their sales pitch. Companies recognized with this prestigious distinction can better compete for business as recognized honorees are less risky for potential customers.
BENEFIT 4: SET YOURSELF APART
Honorees rise above the competition and instantly tell the structured cabling industry their project, product or application has something unique and worthy of review.
BENEFIT 5: IT’S GREAT PR
Fully capitalize on your successful entry with announcements that grow your visibility in the industry. We even provide a press-release template to use to promote your honoree status.
BENEFIT 6: STOCK YOUR TROPHY CABINET
Honorees are the proud recipients of the coveted 2024 Lightwave Innovation Reviews Award to be highlighted at your booth during OFC 2024 and then showcased in your company lobby. You’ll also be able to use the 2024 Lightwave Innovation Reviews Award logo on your website and marketing literature to reinforce your success.
How To Submit
Creating An Account
- Login or create your account using the form on the left
- After you have created your account you’ll be prompted to submit your entry. Click here to begin your entry.
- If you are interrupted and don’t have time to complete your entry your entry will be saved as IN PROGRESS until you have time to complete it.If you forgot your password click “lost password”Any required fields that are not filled in will be highlighted in red when you hit SAVE
- When your entry is complete click ADD TO CART
- At this point, you can either ENTER ANOTHER SUBMISSION or CHECKOUT
- At CHECKOUT submit your credit card details and click PROCESS (Only click PROCESS one time!)
- Early Bird Entry Rate: $625 per entry received on or pior to November 3rd, 2023
- Regular Entry Rate (December 1, 2023): $725 per entry
Troubleshooting Your Electronic Entry
PROBLEM: I keep hitting SAVE but my entry is not saving
Try This: Review your entry and confirm any required field is filled in or checked.
PROBLEM: I did NOT receive a confirmation email after submitting my entry
Confirm you entered an accurate email address
Confirmation emails are sent once payment is submitted
Each Lightwave Innovation Reviews Entry Should Address the Following:
- How your product/service/software helps customers meet their objectives, reduce operational expenses and/or develop new revenue sources.
- The unique features of this product or solutions as it compares to competing solutions
Judges Will Review Your Entry Based on the Following Criteria:
- Positive impact on the customer
- How well it addresses a new or existing requirement
- Novelty of approach
Make Sure to Include the Following in Your Judges Packet:
- A spec sheet – detailing the parameters the product or service is designed to meet.
- A brief technical description of how the product works.
- A photo or photos
- Please Note: No more than 5 extra pages of documentation, including spec sheets, are allowed. Pictures, diagrams and/or charts do not count toward your 5 pages.
Optional Items to Consider:
- Testimonials by users
- Simple brief that summarizes the ability of this product, and how it differentiates itself from the competition
Photos and diagrams, particularly block diagrams or flow charts that help describe how the product or service works
- Block time out on your calendar. Map out some time on your schedule so you can focus on your entry.
- Use specific, quantitative and instantly credible language. Avoid the urge to just copy and paste the text from your marketing collateral or website.
- Be sure to answer the following questions about the product/service/software. How does your product/service/software helps customers meet their objectives? How does it reduce operational expenses and/or develop new revenue sources? What are the unique features of this product as it compares to competing solutions? What makes it innovative?
- Get input from the technical/engineering team. Coworkers at your company can help provide specific examples on how the development impacts the optical networking community
- Download a preview of the entry form and compile your answers before completing the online entry. Once you’ve compiled your data review your draft and confirm it clearly demonstrates one of the following criteria: Originality, Innovation, Positive impact on the customer, How well it addresses a new or existing requirement, Novelty of approach, Cost-effectiveness.
- Back up your claims with supporting evidence such as charts, tables, or testimonials. Make it as easy as possible for the judges to look at your entry in the most favorable light.
- Call or email if we can help!
Early Bird Entry Rate (ON or BEFORE November 3, 2023): $625 per entry
Regular Entry Rate (Final Deadline is December 1, 2023): $725 per entry
When do I need to submit my entry?
Early-bird entries are due November 3, 2023 and final entries are due December 1, 2023 before 11:59 PM EST .
Which products are eligible?
Products used in optical communications networks – or that are used in the design and/or production of such products – that have been either introduced or significantly upgraded between March 2023 and March 2024 are eligible (subject to change based on program year). Enabling technologies, such as semiconductors, optical components, optical modules, software, etc., qualify as well as test instruments, monitoring platforms, and related offerings.Entries based on a product upgrade announced during the eligibility period should focus on the benefits of the upgrade.
What if my product won’t be announced before the deadline?
As long as it will be introduced by the end of OFC 2024, it still qualifies. (subject to change based on program year)
My product won’t be announced until after the December entry deadline. How do you ensure confidentiality?
Our judges, program director, and staff are under strict instructions not to share the details of unannounced products with their coworkers or anyone else. Additionally, we take pains to ensure in all cases that entries are not judged by employees of competitive companies.
Worried about non-disclosure agreements?
If you have an application that you would like to submit, but are worried that a non-disclosure agreement will prevent you from doing so, feel free to refer to the parties involved in general terms.
When will we find out if we are a finalist?
Honorees for the program will be notified in early 2024.
Do you have a question about whether your product or application would be a worthy entrant, or where it might fit?
Reach out on questions like these and any other by contacting us.
DEADLINE FOR ENTRY
Early Bird Deadline: November 3, 2023
Extended Submission Deadline: December 7, 2023
Stay in the know and sign up to receive information on the latest happenings and marketing opportunities from Lightwave.